AdWords recently released improvements to their advanced matching options, slightly expanding phrase and exact match, so that users that are typing in misspellings and very close variations of your chosen keywords will still see your ads. This change will help boost traffic on phrase and exact keywords without bringing in irrelevant queries like broad match tends to generate.
A lot of advertisers have been vary of broad match, because of the sometimes irrelevant expansions by the system and have chosen to use phrase and exact match instead of broad match altogether.
If you’d like to opt out of this new feature, you can do so in your campaign settings page, where you will now see a new section Keywords matching options. There. you’ll be able to select your preferences to include or prevent close variants.
I still recommend checking your search query reports to ensure you are utilizing the match options effectively and excluding those irrelevant queries.
- Capture user interest with the Lead Generation Card t.co/vMSo5yWXUd via @TwitterAds Time ago 24 Hours
- Are You Making This Mistake at the End of Your Meetings? | LinkedIn t.co/VXINzLnrxg Time ago 1 Day
- RT @Optmyzr: Compare custom combinations of campaigns, ad groups, networks and devices - Performance Comparison Tool - t.co/esmuYxXP… Time ago 2 Days
- @justinvinluan hello handsome :) Time ago 2 Days
- RT @Optmyzr: Automating Landing Page Checks - we built a tool for this :) t.co/lj9LEZcqve via @sengineland Time ago 7 Days
Follow @kcutura on twitter.
Tagsad extensions ad text optimization adwords adwords ad optimization adwords conversion optimizer adwords conversion rates adwords conversions adwords display adwords enhanced adwords enhanced campaigns adwords keywords adwords optimization adwords remarketing adwords retargeting adwords roi analytics day parts Bing Ads bing negative keywords bing paid search conversion optimizer conversions by time of day conversion tracking enhanced campaigns Google AdWords Google Analytics google offers google offers adwords keyword matching options microsoft adcenter mobile ads negative keyword conflicts negative keywords ppc ppc conversion rates ppc expert ppc marketing remarketing remarketing audiences retargeting roi roi day parts yahoo bing alliance yahoo microsfot alliance yahoo microsoft merger yahoo saerch marketing